Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Travel to Vancouver - Day 2

Places: Minoru Chapel | Gastown District | Robson Street

Day 2 Restaurants: Century | New York Fries | Tropika On Robson

I started my second day in Vancouver with a short drive to Richmond.  Checked out the chapel where the wedding would be on the following day and some locations scouting for portraits.  Minoru Chapel is the cutest chapel I’ve ever seen.  It might be small, but it has a lot of character.  It was love at first sight. 

After that, I headed to Gastown District to meet up with two of my Vancouver photographer friends.

Kristel Wyman and Amber Hughes, both local photographers, were so kind to show me Gastown and took me to a nice lunch at Century.

Tortilla Soup – spicy tomato soup, manchego, cheese, avocado, sour cream, crispy blue corn tortilla

Chipotle Beef Sliders – trio of mini beef burgers, chipotle, peppered edam cheese, gerkins

Lamb Chops

We weren’t done after that.  Kristel and Amber insisted on taking me to another place for a special Canadian “treats”.  I kept guessing maple syrup (please excuse my ignorance!), but turned out it was poutine – cheese curd and beef gravy with fries.

Shortly after a full meal, I headed back to the hotel to meet up with my family.  And guess what?  It was almost time for dinner!  With a very short distance walk to Robson Street, my cousin took us to Tropika Restaurant for some Asian food to satisfy my mom and aunt.

Sotong Belachan – some sort of spicy squid

Hainan Chicken

I ordered a Green Curry Chicken, it was one of the best I’ve had.

Deep Fried Chicken Wings with Red Bean Cheese Sauce (I think.    )

Sunset time on Robson Street.

[Via http://bonnieeats.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment