Thursday, December 3, 2009

look at the snow

It snowed this morning.  It was a light dusting, but it was the kind of stuff where you could easily slip and bite it if the spot was slick.  It’s finally winter cold now too.  Up until about a week and a half ago, it was a cold wind blowing.  It’s almost Minnesota cold.  If you have never experienced it, you have no idea what that cold is like (unless you live some where like Alaska or Canada).

I think the general public outside of Minnesota or surrounding states assume it’s winter in Minnesota for about eight months.  But they’re wrong.  It’s only five at the most and only two of those are really ever that bad.  I’ve heard it said Minnesotan’s live longer, in part, because of the weather here.  Who wouldn’t want that?  Personally, I just think the rest of the country is soft.  Any athlete complaining about the weather when YOU’RE BEING PAID MILLIONS to play a sport, hardly a real job, should shut the hell up.  If you gave me a million dollars, I would sit outside for four hours a day in some cold po-dunk part of Alaska or Canada just for the hell of it, or because I was being paid millions of dollars.

Anyway.  School is still severely limiting, basically killing, any time I might have to write anything fun.

[Via http://epdunne4891.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment