Sunday, January 3, 2010

Kim Cattrall reveals she is too insecure

From the DailyTelegraph.com:

Kim Cattrall

Too insecure to be a cougar … Actress Kim Cattrall, who says she is not anything like her character Samantha Jones in Sex And The City.  On screen Sex And The City’s Kim Cattrall is a man-eater par excellence, but the reality for this single woman is a lot different.The most naturally beautiful of the four lead actresses – Sarah Jessica Parker, Kristin Davis and Cynthia Nixon – has done much to liberate the sex lives of 40-something women. She even wrote books on the subject (Satisfaction: the Art of the Female Orgasm and Sexual Intelligence).

“But I think it’s since taken on a negative connotation – as a woman of a certain age hanging out in a club where she can pick up young men,” says Kim, who clearly feels there’s a desperation about this that’s a million miles from Samantha’s poise and sophistication.”I never thought that was what the character represented. I’m sure there are women who do that, but I never considered Samantha to be that. And certainly not myself; I mean, I could not go into a bar and pick up a man – that is so foreign to me it’s not even in my hemisphere. I am totally insecure. That is predatory behaviour, and I don’t consider myself a predator. In fact, I feel sometimes that I am the pursued,” she told The Mail On Sunday newspaper.

After three marriages and a recent break-up of her five-year relationship with chef Alan Wyse, 20 years her junior, Kim is single. Is she enjoying her freedom?

“Well, I’m not sure if I’m there yet. I’ve been so busy since we split that I haven’t had much time to adjust. I’m starting to date; it feels all right. It’s very hard to be private about that. Whenever you step out for a drink or dinner, whomever you’re with becomes your latest beau. Which is a bit of a laugh for my gay friends.”

[Via http://nealbinnyc.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment