Saturday, October 17, 2009

Club 54 Burlington 100 Shots, Cool Drinks - Ben Guyatt

ben guyatt stage comedy club 54 burlington ontario canada

Ben Guyatt wasn’t kidding when he said it was like the Titanic in there last night. Usually there are about 3 or 4 acts.

The last act was the one that we saw. The poor guy wasn’t very funny and his sex jokes were kind of lame. The audience did not respond to them. The guy was sweating buckets (I came in mid show, didn’t get buddy’s name). I thought he was comical enough but a little slow on delivering his punch lines.

However he did some cool voice impressions of celebrities and pretended they were doing the jokes. He seems to have a thing with poopy, anal sex jokes?

Both topics not really appreciated in a classy crowd from Burlington, and Toronto. The are more into sports, politics and relationship jokes.

I guess Ben didn’t warn them, instead he pokes fun at the guy and the audience.

comedy club 54 harvester rd burlington ontario canada ben guyatt

The 50/50 draw and door prizes are pretty expensive. The drinks, are high priced but different then what you get elsewhere.

So I’d say it’s like going to a gourmet bar.

Around 11:30 pm there is a Free Buffet (every Fri and Sun nite) served and its fresh buns, coldcuts, veggies, dip, chips, doritos and salsa, nachos. A light lunch but very tasty.

I only had two drinks and I was a happy drunk from them. A good buzz, I had sex on the beach (the drink) and some kind of fruity sour raspberry drink. The bar tender was awesome in suggesting a good fruity martini (huge list of those as well).

So we had fun, I danced for a bit, but not like last time. I was kind of out of shape this time due to not working out.

I’ve been spending many an hour writing, revising my novels and websites.

My back is killing me and my legs feel like Jello, it’s painful to walk.

Just so you know, there is no cover charge before 10 pm and the Stand up Comedy starts around 7:30 or 8:00 p.m.

I think chickies are free on certain nights (take a look at the website).

For more info click on link below.

Halloween Bash will be on Sat & Sun, Oct 31 and Nov 1st. Prizes for best costume, there might be a $10 cover charge but not sure about that?

I spent the last few days cleaning the house, doing laundry, washing windows, vacuuming up spider webs, nasty buggers hiding between the windows that I never look at and more.

My cousin’s coming for a visit and I had to make my house sparkly and clean.

It’s been a disaster area since I’ve started writing. My dust bunnies have been chasing each other around the house.

One good thing out of all this, I’m not sneezing 50,000 times today.

Wow, I did while I was cleaning, and believe you me mine are powerful explosions of Achoo achoo ACHOO!

Everyone walking down the street can hear me for miles, at least thats what my boyfriend said one day when he walked in the house.

I still don’t know if he was joking though.

No comments:

Post a Comment