Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The Good, The Bad and The Essay

Music: Where the Wild Things Are soundtrack- Karen O and the Kids

I am blogging because I am trying to write more important things.  So what does one do when they are supposed to be (responsibly) filling out University applications?  Same thing one did when they were supposed to be writting essays in Undergrad days or studying for tomorrows exam… ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING THAT IS UNRELATED!!!

Like: clean, write emails to people you haven’t talked to in ages, take dogs for walks, make three course meals, stretch.. blog!

Actually, it’s been a really good experience trying to write these essays and sum up my experiences into Why I Want to Be a Teacher, and Why They Should Pick Me.  I’ve learnt that my essay writting skills have gone to crap and that I can’t formulate proper paragraphs.  Also that I already hate being in school again, even though I’m not sure if I’m even getting in.  It’s especially awesome that I had to pay $300 to do this.  Oh… AND, I’m reminded that “…at York, 6000 people apply and 600-700 get in…”

I also learnt today that crying is easier than trying.

Sigh… no, I didn’t cry… but I did want to curl up in fetal position and have someone make it all go awaaaay.

So, i made a plan; this week, I am M.I.A.  Since getting back about a month and a week ago, I am everyones lunch/coffee date, I am booked solid every weekend and every minute, and i am sleeping on many different couches (or blowup mattresses that don’t stay blown up).   How does a girl get her essays done?!?!  She doesn’t… that’s why it’s November 9th, and i’ve barely started (everything is due December first… not so bad right?  Wrong… applications were available to start on in September… babooong).

GOOD SIDE TO EVERY STORY.  So, my references are Japanese people, my old Manager and my dear old friend Nami.  I emailed them to remind them to get those letters to me asap.  When i got home from work I had two emails from the new Amity teacher, Mallory Gleason (my replacements, replacement… really awesome girl that contacted me before she started for some Toyama info…) who needed all my info because both Manager and Nami were freaking out and didn’t understand my crazy scattered email.  So here is Mallory, a girl I have never met before, telling me not to worry, that she will proof read everything and make sure everything is done properly, westerner stamp of approval.  HOW GOOD AND NICE ARE PEOPLE?!?!  SOOOO good!

On a last note… perhaps some of you are interested in some things I have found shocking since my return… here it goes!

  1. My friends like being bitter.  It is my goal to make them 50% happier.
  2. Canadians are so nice and you can strike up a convo with anyone (no matter what my bitter Torontonian friends have to say)
  3. Cheeeaaap musssicccc!!!!!  I missed that
  4. Tim Hortons now has espresso and different flavours for their iced caps
  5. starbucks has creeped its way to almost every block in toronto.  so have sushi restaurants… starting to look like Vancouver, Toronto…!!
  6. Canadians are so polite.  Instead of saying hi, we basically apologize to one another.  “I’m sorry!” “I’m sorry!” ‘Me Too!”
  7. HALLOWEEN RULESS!!!!  CANADA’S WONDERLAND RULES!!!!!  (don’t forget it!!!!!)
  8. The “chip” card.  I was blown away that australia was ahead of us on that…
  9. Toronto went So Green!!!!  Yay!!!!
  10. Between the ages of 23 and 25, 3/4 of your friends will get engaged, and/or move in with their significant other and/or have a baby (basically do really adult things, while you sleep on their couch).

Alright… enough procrastinating.  If I don’t get in, this here blog post will be evidence of my downfall.

Why I’m amazing….

No comments:

Post a Comment