Tuesday, November 24, 2009

November 21st

It is rare that Soph and I are in the Yonge/Wellesley area, but a combination of work and shopping meant we could stop by Bar Volo for a pint and a shared pizza. I was hoping for some Durham Black IPA on cask (Facebook said it was only being tapped Friday!), but it was out (this shit’s like Polkaroo), so I opted for a Muskoka Harvest Ale, brewed with Ontario grown hops. I hadn’t heard much about this, but was expecting something aromatic and flavourful. The hops were muted, almost suffocated by the malts, but it also just tasted like it lacked a coherent vision (or if there was a vision, I had no idea what it was supposed to be). This may sound harsh, but it’s only because I like Muskoka and was expecting more. It’s not that I’m mad at you, Muskoka… I’m just disappointed.

Muskoka Harvest Ale on Ratebeer

Today: 500mL. Year-to-date: 29.44L.

(Content may be a bit slower this week as I’m battling a sore-throat that may become worse, especially if Sophie has passed on her illness to me.)

[Via http://ayearofbeer.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment